2021 Summer Events
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 Pandemic and are committed to the safety of our staff and residents. Decisions concerning cancelling summer events will be made as needed. For event cancellation updates please check the Town Calendar.
Music on the Lawn 2021
Music on the Lawn Concerts will be held on the following dates from 6:00-8:00pm at Old Town Hall
- July 16th The Jeff Little Trio
- July 23rd Woodie & the String Pullers
- August 13th Mountain Home Bluegrass Boys
Summer Exercise Programs
Exercise for Mature Ladies: Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00am - 10:00am at Old Town Hall. From May 17 to October 15.
Bi-Weekly Dance Aerobics: Every Other Wednesday at 5:30pm - 6:15pm at Old Town Hall from June 2 to August 25.
Pickleball Games: Every Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00am - 12:00pm at Black Bear Family Park Courts. From May 18 to September 23.
Yoga Classes: Every Saturday 9:00am - 10:00am at Old Town Hall. From May 15 to August 28. Sign up required.
Pickleball Clinics: Come learn how to play Pickleball from 9:00am to 11:00am on Wednesdays, June 9, July 14, and August 11. These clinics will be held at Black Bear Family Park Courts. Spaces are limited. Sign up required.
Summer Workshops/ Classes
Ranger Workshops: Ranger Sicard is teaching workshops at 1:30pm on the following dates:
- June 3 Black Bear Workshop at Old Town Hall
- July 8 Streamside Ecology Workshop at Otter Falls Trails
- August 12 "Weather the Ones" Workshop behind New Town Hall
CPR Lunch and Learn Class: Have lunch and get certified in CPR on August 10th from 11am-2pm at Old Town Hall. Registration is required.
Introduction into Waterfall Photography: June 12th from 11:00am-12:30pm learn about photographing waterfalls from Helga Kleinert at Old Town Hall
Group Hikes - To participate in group hikes meet at Old Town Hall by 9:00am to caravan to hiking destination. Hiking destinations, dates, and more information below:
- June 18th Laurel Falls; Appalachian Trail
- July 30th Cone Manor Carriage Trail; Blue Ridge Parkway
- August 27th Green Knob Trail Loop; Blue Ridge Parkway
- September 10th Hike to Watauga Dam; Appalachian Trail
Group Walk- June 16th; Meet at Old Town Hall at 10:00am
Moonlight Canoe Trip- July 24th; Space on this trip is limited. Sign up is required.
The Seven Devils Book Club will meet on the following Tuesdays at 2:00pm at Old Town Hall to discuss the following Books:
- May 25th "The Dutch House" by Ann Patchett
- June 22nd "The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides
- July 27th "The Orphan's Tale" by Pam Jenoff
- August 24th "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
- September 28th "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid
To Sign Up for an Event Email:
Addresses for Event Locations:
Old Town Hall is located at 1356 Seven Devils Rd
New Town Hall is located at 157 Seven Devils Rd
Otter Falls Trails are located at 825 Skyland Drive
Black Bear Family Park is located on Grandfather Circle